Fire Risk Assessments
The team at ilisi specialise in fire risk assessments for businesses of all types.
Contact us for more information or a quotation.
We are pleased to offer this handy guide for anyone responsible for the organisation of a bonfire. Click here to download a pdf (115k)
Bonfire Risks Checklist
- Have you nominated a person to be responsible for the bonfire?
- Has the bonfire been securely constructed?
- Does the bonfire contain any dangerous rubbish e.g. foam filled furniture, aerosols, rubber, tins of paint, pressurised gas containers?
- Have you checked the fire to make sure that there are no animals inside?
- Have you ensured that there are adequate procedures in place regarding first aid and fire safety to deal with an emergency?
- Is there an adequately stocked first aid box?
- Is the bonfire in a suitable location, downwind, 15 metres from any buildings and no overhead wires?
- Have you put some control measures in place to keep everyone at a safe distance?
- Is there an appropriate decision making procedure in place to modify or cancel the display due to adverse weather conditions e.g. high winds?
- Are there enough fire extinguishers, sand and water buckets and fire blankets – and are they in accessible positions?
- Has the fire-fighting equipment been checked?
- Are there enough people trained to use the firefighting equipment?
- Do you know where the nearest A & E Hospital is, and directions/map to get to it?
- Have control measures been put in place to protect vulnerable persons including, elderly, disabled and the very young?
- Have control measures been put into place to protect pets and other animals?